Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day Story by Brad Johnson

This story is one of my many favorite little moments from working here at EPIC. I think it was Valentine’s Day two years ago.Bob M.(if you don't know him, he is a very polite, well dressed, kind older gentleman who lives with a Host Family and works in our Work Skills area). 
He comes in to my office and says, "Good morning Sir, Do you know if Donna is here today?" I said, "Which Donna?" Bob said, "Donna S."  I said, "I'm not sure, lets go see."  (Donna, if you don't know her is a very clever, funny, sometimes ornery lady in our Older Adults area who likes to talk in rhymes.)
So we find Donna and Bob says, "I made you a Valentine, Donna..." and hands her an envelope and says, "Do you wanna read it?" Donna opens the envelope and I'm not sure if she reads, but she does know her letters and she starts going "H...A...P...P...Y...V...A..." through every letter of all the words on the card. 



Then Bob says "There's a picture too..."  I assumed maybe Bob had found some old picture of him and Donna together that he put in with the card or something and was thinking Awww that's cute..., but Donna pulls it out and its a picture of Bob with the Little Caesars Pizza mascot and he says, "Its me with Cheeser Cheeser..." Donna smiled and said, "I love you too, I do...funny little honey bunny...." Then Bob said "Happy Valentines Donna" and headed off to his area to go to work.
.. 
I just thought that was one of the most adorable little Valentine’s Day scenes that I have ever witnessed and I just  wanted to share that story and maybe give people a smile. Sometimes the daily grind of work can get stressful and it can be easy to get caught up in that from time to time, but also its good to take time to enjoy all the little magical moments like this which only occur at unique places like EPIC. 

We are lucky to get to spend some time in our lives with some one-of-a-kind, loveable individuals that can bring a lot of joy to our lives, as we hopefully do for them as well... Anyways, Hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day! :) ~ Brad












No comments:

Post a Comment