Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Day In The Life Of...Drew Burton

What's poppin'! I'm Drew Burton. I'm an intern with EP!C and I write the blog on EP!C Perspective. I'm an avid hunter and video game extraordinaire. I'm a red belt in tae kwon do, so don't mess with me!
Hats and shoes are BAE. My style has absolutely no boundaries. I wear top hats with goggles and psychedelic shoes with wings on them.
I can pull it off with my finely chiseled features. I listen to some gangster rap in my spare time. West side! I've had a form of Muscular Mystrophy my whole life called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. It's basically a progressive, muscle wasting disease that makes me just a little weaker everyday. At times, it can feel like life has given me more losses than wins, but I've taken my weaknesses and turned them into strengths.
I've had this disease my whole life. If there's a single thing it's taught me it's that Muscular Dystrophy will take my muscles, my physical strength, but it will never claim my spirit. I guarantee that. I'm a determined guy to say the least. When someone tells me I can't do something, I'll make it happen at all costs. Seriously, if you tell me I can't walk on the moon, I'll buy a spaceship and be on the moon within a week. I don't eat fruits or vegetables. Especially bananas. I'd rather get bit by a rattlesnake than eat a banana. My blog posts are absolute fire! Everybody and their momma should check them out! I want to be a journalist someday. Maybe for ESPN or something because I love sports.
It's safe to say I'm not your average guy in a wheelchair, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Do what makes you happy and don't let anyone stop you. Most importantly, don't take any wooden nickels.

No comments:

Post a Comment