Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Here come the EP!C Bobcats!, by Columbia McNeary

Hey, EP!C!  Here come the Bobcats!


Hi, I am Columbia McNeary and I am captain of EP!C's brand-new Special Olympics basketball team that will get underway this fall.  Check out our awesome team, pictured above!

I used to play power forward, point guard, and forward for FCRC's basketball team and thought it would be fun for everyone at EP!C to get on board and support a basketball team by coming out and watching us play.  We will be practicing this fall at a gym and will play games there too.  I heard there might be cheerleaders, too!

The coach will be Mike Cheesman.  Thanks, Mike for agreeing to be the coach and help us out.  I know you really like basketball as I do.  He will be stressing fundamentals, passing the ball, and being unselfish players.  It will be good exercise for all of us players, too.  I hope we can win it all for EP!C!

This fall, I want all of my friends to come out and have fun watching us play our games on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.  When EP!C was still called PARC, we used to have a basketball team called the Pirates.  Now EP!C will have its own team, and we will be able to wear uniforms and represent all of the consumers who call the different parts of EP!C home.

Stay tuned for more information that will be coming out about the team.  Please support us!  We are all very excited!

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful Columbia! I know how excited you are. Hopefully Zach will be able to come out and volunteer with the team! Good Luck and GO BOBCATS!

    Angie Holliger

    ReplyDelete